By: James DuClos
Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar with Steve Krenz is by far the most comprehensive guide out there to help you learn to play the guitar. For a beginning guitarist, the program starts with the parts of the guitar and fingerings and moves on to more advanced methods and techniques. With lessons on DVD and in print form, you are able to watch the video and follow along, perfect for all learning styles. Rather than paying a monthly fee for as long as it takes you to learn, you are able to invest in the Learn & Master Guitar series, which you will have whenever you need to review a concept. This truly is the most you can get for your money as far as a guitar course where you are able to learn at your own pace.
All lessons are in both DVD and written formats so you can watch the videos and follow along.
- A large quantity of teaching aids make up Learn & Master Guitar.
- Learn and Master Guitar's videos are extremely high quality as are the teaching methods the instructors use.
- Lessons are broken up into manageable pieces with just the right amount of information included so you learn gradually, with each lesson building on the previous information.
- Lessons are extremely personalized, and you feel as though you are receiving private tutoring rather than a purchased program.
- There is a one-time purchase price, so you know what you are getting upfront.
- If you can’t pay the $200 upfront, a payment plan is offered through Legacy Learning– consider it an investment in your ability to play the guitar.
For someone who is just starting out on the guitar, the price might be a bit intimidating, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for with Learn & Master Guitar.
- There could be more of an online presence, but Learn & Master Guitar focuses more on their DVD series than on their online interactive tools.
Learn & Master Guitar offers a 60-day money back guarantee if you are dissatisfied with their product for any reason. In addition, Learn & Master Guitar comes with free online support for their students, including a hopping forum. By visiting their website, you can access archived discussion questions to get a feel for the kinds of help you are able to receive. Full access is free with your purchase of the program.
Learn and Master Guitar is made up of just the right combination of media, narration, and teaching techniques, all included on 20 DVDs, 5 CDs (in jam-along style), 100 pages of lessons, and other supplementary materials. While the entire program isn’t accessible online, there are also a number of web-based supplementary materials as well. Learn & Master Guitar really can help someone of any age and any skill level in learning to play guitar.
Disclosure: We are paid by the companies who’s products we review. Each product reviewed has been thoroughly tested by us. The opinions offered here are our own and all information is verified as accurate at the time of review.